Books

I (Stephanie) am currently reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. As with the other Francine Rivers books I've read, I like it a lot. I love how it's both a great story, and it helps me grow in my faith. I'd highly recommend it.
For my ladies small group, we just finished reading Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. This is a wonderful and unique marriage book that really helps you focus on God's purpose for marriage. The essential question of the book is, what if marriage is meant to make you holier instead of happier? The author proposes that marriage is a wonderful way to become more like Christ, as it places us in a situation of continual accountability and practice of Godly love. He also emphasizes a focus on other instead of self. Male or female, good marriage or bad, I'd strongly recommend this book to married couples. It's guaranteed to change your perspective on marriage. I think we need to fight against our culture to redeem the sacredness of marriage.
Well, those are my book reviews for the time being. Happy reading!

Comments

A and C said…
i love Redeeming Love. It's one of my favorite books. I'd love to do a film version, but I'm sure the rights are already taken and it will be a Lifetime movie or something.

Popular posts from this blog

An Update of Cosmic Porportions

Working on the House

Stephanie is forcing me to update...