happenings

This is a very busy week for me (Stephanie). I'm not even able to go riding this week :(
But anyway, some interesting things have happened.
Tuesday night while petting Ein I discovered a huge, disgusting tick feasting on his flesh. I shrieked and called for Kevin to help. We tried putting iodine on the area, but the tick held fast. Then Kevin decided to burn the tick. He held a match to the tick's butt for awhile, and then Kevin was able to pull it out. We put the tick in a shot glass of bleach, to make sure he was dead. Poor Ein! I dressed his wound, and it is healing well. I thoroughly hate ticks. Hopefully no one gets lyme's disease.
Today I had to get up at 5:20 am, on a day off! That's because our Inland Empire Society of Pediatric Nurses met at 6:00 am to drive to LA to attend an SPN:LA chapter meeting.
After the meeting, we went to Hollywood for awhile, and that was pretty fun. We went by the Kodak theatre (where they hold the Oscar's). It was pretty cool to see where the red carpet goes, and to see the entrance like you see on tv! We walked down the sidewalk a little while, and saw a few strange impersonators of Spiderman, Jack Sparrow, Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplain, and Chewbacca. I enjoyed seeding the Chinese theatre with the handprints and footprints of old stars. Shirley Temple's prints were so little! We ate lunch at the Disney Cafe, by the Disney theatre. It was a fun little trip. I had never been to that part of Holloywood, and I'm glad I finally got to go. :) And no, I didn't see any real movie stars. I never have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update of Cosmic Porportions

Working on the House

Stephanie is forcing me to update...