Aundrea's Baptism

On August 8, Aundrea was baptised at our new church: Calvary CRC in Lowell. Aundrea's Grandpa Anderson performed the ceremony. After church, we had a party at our house. We were blown away by how many people attended the baptism! Praise the Lord for so many wonderful, supportive family members and friends.

My mom always had a cake that said "Jesus loves ___" for our baptisms, so I made one and continued the tradition.


Aundrea was baptised with water. Unfortunately, there was no water in the basin at first, so someone had to go get some! That was pretty awkward.



Proud parents



Mark, Marla and their kids were among the guests. We hadn't seen them in years!



4 generations of ladies baptised in the same dress. The baptism dress was purchased in the Netherlands during WWII for my (Stephanie's) grandmother. Since then, the dress has been worn by every female in the family. This picture shows Aundrea, me, my mom, and my grandma DeBoer. We are all the first in our generation to be baptised in this dress.




Comments

Sarah Schenkel said…
Wow, that dress is beautiful! What a special tradition and a wonderful occasion. Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

An Update of Cosmic Porportions

Working on the House

Stephanie is forcing me to update...