Just for fun...ANTIQUES!!!





So it has been a year and some change since we moved into our house. One of the big changes was moving from a tiny 800 sq. ft. apartment in California, to a house that, if you include the finished basement, is 3,500 sq. ft. Apart from restoring this place, we've also been trying to fill it. So I thought it would be fun to go through and show you some of the things we've gotten so far.

Cast iron claw foot tubs. Obviously they're not in use yet, but I bought two claw foot tubs for when we do renovate the bathrooms.

Ironically enough, it was the $50 dollar tub that came with the original hardware.


For whenever we get to the kitchen, a very early 20th c. cast iron stove/oven converted to gas.


Walnut, cherry and mahogany trim pieces (crown, chair, base, paneling etc.). Enough to cover every room in the house several times over.


Oak Eastlake bed with Birdseye maple veneer. This will go in the spare room upstairs once we finish the library and get the boxes of books out of there. I'd like to refinish it in a darker shade, as honey oak is not my thing.


Antique pool table, tiger oak. Maybe somebody can help me out as to what exactly this is, as it only has four pockets. It's not in the basement yet as it is slate and I am not nearly strong enough to move it by myself.


Legs for the pool table.


Oak 'Gothic Revival' chair. Needs to be reupholstered.

Tiger oak Victorian chaise lounge (a.k.a. fainting couch). Needs to be both reupholstered and refinished.


Walnut Eastlake settee. Should be reupholstered as the fabric is ugly, but in good condition.


Walnut Victorian chair.


Antique radio.


Mahogany parlor table.


Walnut parlor table.


Walnut Eastlake parlor table.



Walnut Eastlake parlor table (sister to one above).



Oak Eastlake spoon carved dresser.


Oak Eastlake dresser w/ faux burled walnut paneling.


Here's what it looked like before I refinished it.

Walnut Eastlake dresser with marble top, walnut burl paneling and maple inlay.


Solid mahogany four poster king sized bed with barley twists and claw feet. Not an antique, and definatly a splurge, but we love it. Steph is currently making curtains for it.


Walnut Victorian chest of drawers with walnut burl paneling and columns. One of the more recent purchases. Steph informed me that it is fopa to have two dressers with mirrors in one bedroom. So I could not use some of the other spiffy dressers. But patience paid off. Does need to be refinished.



Walnut Queen Ann Dresser with marble top, walnut burl paneling and columns. While my dresser is a very close second, I believe this to be my finest purchase. This behemoth is almost 8 ft. tall, and is absolutely beautiful.






Walnut Eastlake wardrobe with walnut burl paneling.


And here's what I picked up earlier this week, which I am SUPER excited about. These are 2'x4' tin ceiling panels from a building in Lansing that was being converted into condos. I needed 45 of these in order to do the living room...they had 48 (although two are too rusted to be usable). They're gonna take some work before they're ready to be used, but man is it going to be awesome when it's up!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update of Cosmic Porportions

Working on the House

Stephanie is forcing me to update...